SOCIAL MEDIA RESOURCES
Marketing SHSM, OYAP, Skilled Trades and Pathways
Leverage the power of social media to promote the Pathways programs you offer! Follow the links below to find jpegs and text that will make creating posts on your own Twitter, Instagram and Facebook accounts easy. Both the sections also have a gallery of other related images that can complement your posts.
Each of these platforms can be a powerful tool for telling your story. To get the most out of your efforts, it's helpful to know who you will be reaching and to think strategically about who you are targeting. Each social media platform is a bit different!
- Over 1 billion users
- Users under 35 make up more than 70 percent of Instagram’s more than 800 million active accounts worldwide
- 24 percent of teenagers say Instagram is their preferred social network. (Instagram cames second to Snapchat, which 47 percent of teens preferred.)
- Keep in mind you can reach more than just teens on Instagram!
- So, again target adults/parents/teachers/admin too.
- While Facebook might not have the same new and young feeling as Instagram or Snapchat, 79% of internet users still log into Facebook.
- Roughly 8 in 10 adults have access to internet, which makes this user-base massive
- So, target ADULTS – however 88% of 18–29 year olds use Facebook
- Teens are using YouTube, Instagram and Snapchat more than Facebook
- With an emphasis on visual platforms, brands need to adapt to meet the teen audience where they are
*Please note you can post to Instagram and set up your device to automatically post the same info to your Facebook page.
- Global, there’s 330 million users and they’re likely to be millennials
- 36% of Americans aged 18 to 29 years old use Twitter, more than any other age group.
- Usage drops as age increases, with 22 percent of those aged 30 to 49 using the service,
- 18 percent of 50- to 64-year-olds, and just 6 percent of those aged 65 and up.
- These people access twitter regularly and seek out news
- Good platform if these are the people you are looking for
- Might be….if you are trying to get the attention of your admin, superintendents, other teachers, industry, community and PARENTS!
Social Media Resources for SHSM, OYAP, Dual Credit and Skilled Trades
Social Media Resources for Specific SHSM Sectors